Friday, July 31, 2009

Sleepless in Glendive (AGAIN!)

I know I have mentioned before how Ethan is not a good sleeper, but because the last couple nights have been so bad I would like to blog about them for two reasons...First, so I will always remember these long, long nights, and second, so you all will feel bad for me :) haha just kidding!

Ok so at 8:30 Ethan was out of the bath, into his pajamas, and eating a bottle while his overly patient mother rocks him to sleep!

By 9:00 PM he was asleep and I began reading the book that I hope I will soon respect as much as the bible. It is called Healthy Sleep Habits, Hapy Child! Well, needless to say 50 pages must not enough to see results because by 9:44 Ethan was up! FANTASTIC!

So, since he didn't finish his whole bottle I gave him the rest of it and he fell right back asleep. I then got ready for bed and said "screw the book I am way to tired!"

At 1:00 AM Ethan was up again hungry as can be, which I have a hard time believing because according to "thee book" a four month old child is capable of going a whole night without eating. But to much to my dismay I gave him the bottle and he drank the whole 6 ounces!

I went back to sleep and was awaken by Alex, who got home from work at 2AM. For some strange reason he always feels like having the most meaningful conversations at this time, but because of my extreme amount of tiredness I told him to stop talking, and he got all butt hurt and went downstairs to watch TV! HA! Perfect, now I can go back to sleep. Oh wait, nevermind, Alex was back 10 seconds later to ask me if Ethan was hungry?! "No, I say, he ate 6 ounces less than an hour ago, why do you ask?!" Alex then proceeds to say, "Well, I don't know, Ethan is wide awake just staring out the ceiling." YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

3AM came and went and Ethan was still asleep but by 4AM he was screaming, AGAIN! Not hungry, because it was barely even 3 hours I instead, took him out to rock him back to sleep. As I sat there staring at him, tired and desperate, I thought "Well, maybe he just likes the smell of my shirt, and only sleeps when I am near?" So at 3AM I took off my t-shirt, laid it next to his face, and walked back to bed in need of another top!

At 5 AM I woke up to Alex telling me that Ethan won't stop crying, I told him I didn't care (awful, I know) and he would eventually cry himself back to sleep! Alex couldn't believe that I would just leave him in there to cry, but I was too tired to even roll over let alone go get him from his crib! So we left him to cry....and HE FELL ASLEEP ON HIS OWN!!

7AM came around and he was up again, he ate another 6 ounce bottle and fell back asleep until 9:30AM when I heard him talking to his mobile! As tired and bummed out as I was I walked in only to be greeted by the biggest smile and happiest brown eyes......he has me whipped!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kayla, I have some wonderful advice that I KNOW will work (because it does for us):

    1) Let Ethan sleep WITH you in the bed-the fact that you have a king size bed makes it all the better!
    2) Try to keep him up well into the night...let's say about the time the clock strikes twelve-he's sure to sleep in!

    These are wonderful habits to get your little one used to.

    hahahahaaa...only kidding. You know that I can only keep my mouth shut on this subject...

    ReplyDelete