Thursday, July 30, 2009

Some things just never change!


My best friend from High School came back home this past week and I felt so relieved just knowing that some things never change! I don't think there is anything better than being able to pick up right where you last left off, even if you don't get to see them as much as you would like!
We called up some of our other really good friends and told them all to pack up their tinies and meet us for lunch! Leah and Laiken came, Haylee and little Saylor came, and Ethan and I went, and then there was Brittany (plum satisfied packing nothing but her purse :)









After lunch we thought it would be fun to go hiking up in Makoshika, a state park that is located in Glendive. Since Leah came in from the country I told her she could use my stroller for Laiken and I would just take Ethan to my Grandma's. She also needed workout clothes and shoes, all of which I lent to her. Looking back, I think I gave her the good shoes and I wore the crappy ones because for some reason she was ahead of me the whole way! Big deal, right?! Well it is when she is carrying a TWO YEAR OLD CHILD ON HER SHOULDERS THE WHOLE WAY! The only thing that stopped me from keeling over was the strength of my rock solid friend in front of me!






It is so crazy to think just two years ago all 4 of us had nothing more to worry about than each other! And one year ago, we had just Laiken, and well, you all know how it goes from there :)

Although none of us planned for any of this, I can assure you that NONE of us would have it any other way, including Brittany!

1 comment:

  1. Oh shut it...if you remember correctly, you were leading the pack the entire first trail.

    I love this blog-and these pictures...I bet we could pull out one of the four of us (from 2 years go) looking exactly the same-minus the precious babes on your laps :)

    ReplyDelete