There are many times throughout the day where I just stare at Ethan in complete and utter amazement and think to myself how did I ever live without you, and what on earth did I do with all my free time!
I also believe that my Grandma Diede looks at Ethan many times and wonders what she ever did without him...but instead she stops for a moment and then realizes....I baked more cookies, did more sewing, spent many more hours in my garden, visited with friends at the Senior Center, went to lunch, and had lots of free time!
I am just kidding I can promise you she doesn't think that way, but what I am trying to say is Grandma Diede helps Alex and I out a ton, and is ready and willing to watch Ethan every time we call! She absolutely loves him and they have such wonderful times together! I am so glad Ethan now recognizes voices and faces because now she, too, can see how much Ethan appreciates her love! His face just lights up everytime she talks to him and what's even better is I always know he will take a good nap because, really, who doesn't sleep better at Grandma's!
Some Ethan's favorite pasttimes at Grandma's include rocking in the rocker, sitting in the swing on the patio, laying on the dining room table and watching the ceiling fan go round and round, and most importantly soaking up all Grandma's love!
End of an Era
-
For over 15 years I have documented our family’s lives with this blog. In
lieu of baby books and scrapbooks, I have digitally captured pictures and
memorie...
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment