Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Let down...


Here she is! This is the sweet little girl that I feel like I have failed! 
Last time you saw her she looked more like this....


You know that feeling when you want so badly to do something and you talk about doing it every. single. day. but just don't do it?! That's how I have felt for the past year! It has been just over a year since I wrote my last blog and you couldn't exactly say I was doing my best in the months leading up to departure (LOL!) but ever since then I have told myself "I should blog that" "that would be a good blog" or "I wish I was still doing my blog because how else will I remember this."

I recently read something that said "resolutions" aren't just for the New Year and I think that is what it took! So here I am on October 15, 2013, making a promise to my sweet (not so little) little Alaina that I am going to catch up! I am going start right where I left off - Stick Horse Rodeo 2012 - and share every little thing about you! Because right now - looking back on each monthly letter I wrote about your brother for 2 full years - I feel like I have failed your toddlerhood, and although you may not care one bit right now - I promise someday you will. If you are anything like me - which I hope you are - you will say (at about 16 years of age) these exact words, "how come you have Ethan's childhood written down word for word, from the day he was born, but there is nothing about me?!" Well honey princess (that is what Ethan calls you), you have nothing to worry about - I will make you proud!

So here's to lots and lots of blog posts in the next few weeks and reminiscing about our past year! I WILL be caught up by the time you turn 2!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment