So its no secret that I am way behind on my posting so I might as well start exactly where I left off...every November my family goes down to Ekalaka, MT on the annual Diede hunting trip! This November was no exception, so we packed up the fam and made ourselves at home for the weekend at my Uncle Dale's beautiful log home. This was Alex's first hunting trip with the Diede fam and although I know he had a wonderful time with my uncle's and cousins I couldn't help but feel a little bad beacause for the past year I have talked up this hunting trip; claiming there are so many *huge* deer down there that it is almost impossible not to shoot anything. Then...needless to say...he came home emptyhanded :(
Ethan on the other hand had the time of his life! There were deer mounts, beer rugs, mountain lion hides, and various other kinds of wildlife surrounding him all weekend! He was constantly pointing at the animals saying deer "dee", bear "beh", and "rawr." And once really warmed up to all the animals he began sticking his head inside the bear's mouth to look at the bears teeth "teef."
While his head was inside the bears mouth Hannah said, "Kayla, don't let him do that; he will think he can do that in real life!" ha! What?! All I could respond with was "I doubt we will be around the mouth of a live Grizzly anytime soon! haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment