Thursday, January 13, 2011

22!

Ethan is one month closer to turning 2!! AHHH!!

Wowza! I am so thankful everyday that I have taken them time to write down all Ethan's milestones, favorites, and everyday moments because it is times like this when I think back 22 months and it all seems like a blur! But then I get to reading our posts and everything seems so clear and so wonderful! What a blissful 22 months this has been!

Ethan is officially a little boy! He talks, he bosses, he demands, he runs, and runs and runs, he plays, he colors, he laughs, he jokes, and he entertains us all on a daily basis!

He is so busy these days! Every room I walk into has "ETHAN WAS HERE" written all over it! And that's ok! He loves the Disney movie "Cars" and we are surrounded by Cars memorobilia 50% of the time and the other 50% of our time we spend sitting under the hoop rebounding for our little superstar who loves to "shoo hoops!" He is actually pretty good at it too! Yes, I am biased and people laugh when I say this but he can even swish a 6 footer! That is pretty good for a toddler! :)

Ethan has quite the memory and its fascinating to me the things he catches on to and ohhhh the things he remembers....

As you all know my sister is Diabetic and she wears a pump. Ethan has become quite intrigued with her pump and will always look at it and mess with the cord. Well, at my Grandma's earlier this week he wanted to wear an AM/FM radio on his belt loops so my grandma put it on his pants and gave him the cord which was connected to the headphones. He walked around with it for a while and then ran up to my Grandma said "Dee Dee, Dee Dee...Hannah!" and would keep walking! It finally occured to my Grandma that he was pretending to be Hannah with her pump! haha! Priceless!

Ethan is a big fan of fish "shishy" right now so Alex and I bought him a few fish. Well, a week later all the fish were dead and Ethan was so upset that there were no fish in the tank that he put one of the dead ones in a tupperware container with some water. Ethan carried this fish around for days. And every time he would notice that it would stop "swimming" aka the water would settle, Ethan would just shake up the container so the fishy would start swimming again! :) ....Yes, in case you are wondering, we have gotten him some new LIVE fish!

Ethan goes to daycare full time and I know I have mentioned this before but it makes me so happy to know that he absolutely loves it there! He is getting a little old for the baby room and Miss Katie is a sucker for Ethan's good looks ;) so everytime Ethan wants to go play with the "Big Kids" he stands at the door yelling. "Kate, Kate bi kiz bi kiz" and every time she takes him to the big kids! It is amazing how young kids can be, yet they still look up to the kids that are a bit older! Every night when we get home we ask him what he did at daycare and it never fails that he mentions the "Bi Kiz" first!

It is becoming quite clear to me that it won't be long and my little baby boy will be a "Bi Kiz!" Looking forward to the journey and all the memories we will make along the way!!

Happy 22 months of life E-baby!
~mama

No comments:

Post a Comment