Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Mother, My Friend!

Mother's Day! Wow....this is definitely a first for me, and it floors me to think that I am a Mother! I am that person that my little human relies on for everything, and no longer in my lifetime is it just about me! My life belongs to him now and I couldn't be happier!



Since I can remember I have turned to my mom for everything! She has been my rock, my support, my biggest fan, my cooker, my cleaner, my shoulder to lean on, my friend, my care giver, my teacher, and my world! Everything that I know I learned from my mother, and as I was searching for the perfect Mother's Day card I was thinking to myself...."I want to find a card that explains the impact she has had on my life, and how the love she showed me carried over to the way I want Ethan to be raised!


Well, needless to say I found the perfect card.....


I hope that I can find a way to be the kind of mother that you have always been-

that I can read a story when I'm sleepy,

even if I have already read it a hundred times before,

that I can play hide-and-seek adn pretend NOT to see little feet that stick out

or hear sill giggles in the closet...

I hope I can always find time to play and be silly

even when I have a million other things that need to get done.

I hope I never forget what a difference a wonderful mother can make in the life of a child.

Like the one you still make in mine!


I look at my Mother everyday and it almost brings me to tears thinking about all she has done for us! She truly is a superhero and I can say I will consider motherhood a 100% success, if I can be half the woman that she is today!


Happy Mother's Day MOM!!!






1 comment: