Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Potty Trained!!


I hope I don't jinx myself with this update but I think it is official: ETHAN IS POTTY TRAINED!!
Ethan was exactly 2 1/2 on September 13th so I think having him potty trained by this age is pretty darn good! I know there are always going to be people that feel differently and I am not going to say I haven't had people come up to me and say "He isn't potty trained yet?" but I followed the words of my extremely intelligent Grandma Diede; "if you try too soon you will only be potty training yourself!" and looking back I truly believe that!
I originally wanted to potty train Ethan in the summer....for what reason...I don't know....BUT I found out real quick that it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to potty train a child that is part of a family that is CONSTANTLY on the go during the summer months so I talked to his daycare teacher and she said to wait until school starts in the fall and they willl have them on a better schedule at daycare and she is sure it won't take long to have him whipped! Well....she was right! It was not even 2 weeks later that Ethan was coming home and telling us he had to go poo-poo! And then itw as last week where he started to tell us he had to go potty! Most children are opposite but I am certainly not complaining! :)
He is still not comfortable wearing underwear and is much more secure in his Toy Story pull up - which is fine by me! Either way - two months without changing/buying diapers before the next tiny arrives will be MUCH appreciated!
Lastly, I want to leave you with one unforgettable "Ethan"ism about the potty. Yesterday, I was getting ready for work and Ethan told me he had to go to the bathroom so I got the stool out and he climbed up on the toilet and I went back to the other bathroom to finish getting ready while he took care of business. While away all I could hear was him grunting, followed by, "Tome on poop, det out of my butt and into da potty!" Ha! All I could do was giggle and remind myself I am raising a little BOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment