Friday, September 16, 2011

Baseball Season!

Where to start...baseball at our house is a big deal. It's not just one of those things that we watch occasionally or think about strictly during the months of April through October. Baseball is an obsession and I swear there is some part of the game that is running through Alex's head 24. Hours. Per. Day. Don't get me wrong I love the game and to say I wasn't well aware that if Alex was going to be a part of my life than so was baseball would be a lie BUT little did I know I would spend my summer - every summer - for the rest of my life - on the baseball field! What am I talkin' about - I know there are far worse places a person could spend their time and I will be the first to admit that there is just something about the game of baseball that pulls you in and it is hard get away from and plus; it is hard not to love something that means so much to your husband and now too; your child.

Ethan loves the game almost as much as Alex. For example, his new toddler room - baseball, to get him to eat his dinner we tell him he won't get big like "Big Papi" unless he cleans his plate, ask him where the Red Sox Play - he'll tell you Fenway, hold the bat with one hand - he will make sure you hold it with two "cuz Daddy says", want to play catch? - you better have your glove on, and who is his favorite player on the Red Sox - Jacoby Ellsbury!

Soooo.... when Alex got asked to be coach the 15 year old All-Star Team there was something in his "brainwashed by baseball" brain that told him he needed to take the job and it didn't hurt that Gavin was part of the team either! After the Babe Ruth Season had concluded an All-Star team was selected and Alex, my dad and BJ Berry held practice for 2 weeks before their district tournament - which was held in Glendive! The boys played great and ended up winning the tournament giving them a berth at the State Babe Ruth tournament in Miles City.

Below are pictures from the District Tournament in Glendive!










Congrats on your *First* trophy Ethan!
I am looking forward to many more championships little slugger!

No comments:

Post a Comment