For the first time in his 17 months of life, Ethan has expressed a sense of individuality! We were getting ready to go to daycare and he had on the sweetest pair of plaid overalls and I was intending to put on his new red keen sandals to go with the overalls when he was insisting on wearing something different. When I told him I thought the sandals would look better than the boots, he got so upset! So we put the sandals away and "went out with our boots on!" :)
Before I had Ethan I would vow that my child would never wear cartoon clothes, he would always match and leave the the house looking somewhat "put together." My thought process has now changed and to see how happy he gets when he finds something that he has been looking for, when he wears a shirt with a baseball on it, or in this case, wears his cowboy boots to daycare! He left the house with the biggest smile on his face and was so proud of his decision. I have been transformed into the mother who is not partial to one thing or another as long as my child is happy~ and happy he was!



No comments:
Post a Comment