
WE ARE ENGAGED! Alex and I got engaged on Christmas Day!!
All I wanted for Christmas was a gift card so I could buy myself some new jeans and new tennis shoes. Alex said he got me a gift card but forgot it on Christmas Eve when we opened all our presents at my parents. I didn't think it was a big deal since I could open it in the morning with our Santa gifts.
Well, the next morning we opened and put together all Ethan's presents from Santa and then we decided to make breakfast. Alex set an envelope down on the stove and said Merry Christmas. I opened it up and it was a $50 gift card. Needless to say, I was not very happy at all, but of course I tried my hardest to be thankful and continued to make breakfast. (All the while I was bummed out because I could hardly buy one leg of a pair of jeans with $50!)
In the meantime Alex and Ethan were playing out in the living room and I could hear him talking to Ethan, "Ethan, your mom doesn't like the Christmas present we got for her."
I, from the kitchen, "Alex, yes I do, I like it! Thank you"
"Ethan, we better give her her real Christmas present so she doesn't get mad at us."
"Alex it's fine, I don't need anything else."
I could here them walking into the kitchen and when I turned around they were standing right behind me and Ethan was wearing the ring on his little fingers.
It was so sweet, and I couldn't be more excited right now!! It was such a wonderful surprise since I was not expecting a ring at all! It is so beautiful and I couldn't have done better if I would have picked it out myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment