Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Seven Months!


Today marks the day, Ethan is officially closer to being 1 year old than he is to being a newborn baby! Ethan turned 7 months today! Where has my baby gone!


He continues to get taller and continues to get cuter :) Ethan is constantly on the go. This past month he is mastered rolling over (yes, it took us a while) and he tries to pull himself up onto everything! In fact, last week I was getting him an outfit out of his closet and I turned around only to see him standing at his crib! I immediatly screamed because I didn't know what else to do! He does not seem like he should be old enough to do these sorts of things!


Ethan also talks all the time! Yes, he probably gets that from his mother, but thats okay his little voice is so sweet that I don't mind it at all.....yet. Ask me again in two years and I am sure I will want him to stop talking, but right now it just makes me smile :)


Alex is convinced that Ethan's first words were "da da" actually it is more like "da da dadada daaaa." I don't tell Alex this, but I doubt Ethan actually associates that "da da" is actually Alex, but we will let him think Ethan is speaking directly to him, but only because it makes him so proud!


Playing games has also become a fun thing to do with Ethan this past month. He loves peek-a-boo and also a more advanced form of the game where we leave the room completely and then come back in and he gets SOOOOO excited! It makes my heart flutter everytime he belly laughs when we play his games, it is so genuine and so innocent! We have so much fun together! Alex also loves to play "homerun" with him. He has a little Red Sox bat and ball and Alex will put the bat in Ethan's hands and put his own hands over top and toss the ball and together they will hit it, screaming homerun every time! Ethan has grown such a love for this game that he will search through all his toys until he finds the bat. Alex has been purposely burying it to see if Ethan will dig for it and sure enough he does! Now this makes Alex proud!! I think we have a little ball player on our hands ;)


Lastly and most importantly, Ethan has become a better sleeper this past month. Since we have been letting him cry he now sleeps from 8:30 to about 3:30, then cries for about an hour :(, then sleeps until about 7:30-8:00.


Speaking of sleep, I must tell you a story about last Friday night! I picked up Ethan from daycare at 5 o'clock and one of the girls mentioned that she thought Ethan was really tired. Well, he usually takes a nap around 5:30 so I assumed that he probably was getting pretty sleepy. Once we got home Alex started playing with him and by 6:00 Ethan had fallen asleep in Alex's arms. When Alex left for work he handed Ethan over to me and I rocked him for a while and then I laid him on the couch thinking that would wake him up so we could eat, bathe, and put our jammies on so we can get ready for bedtime. When that didn't work I decided to lay him on the ground. I had no luck with that either and by this time it was about 9:00. So I figured I might as well put him in his crib! And yes, you guessed it Ethan slept until 9:00am the next morning! That little turd slept from 5:45pm to 9:00am! I could not believe it! I guess thats what we get for always telling him he is a bad sleeper! He showed us :)


My favorite thing about this past month is the way Ethan recognizes us and acknowledges Alex and I's presence! It makes me feel so good when I walk into a room and there he is grinning from ear to ear, kicking his legs, and squealing because he is so happy to see me! There is no better feeling in the world!


I look forward to many more smiles!

I love you E!


~Ma ma

No comments:

Post a Comment