Well we heard... those five words that I was dreading to hear from the doctor. Five words that I knew were inevitable when she asked if we have any problems and we said "Yes, he only sleeps about 2 1/2 hours at a time."
"Kayla, you have to let him cry!"
So Monday night we began the process. The process that Dr. Samsondaar told us would take up to two weeks! The first night was ok; in fact, he cried himself back to sleep within 20 minutes three different times, but by 5am I decided it would be ok to go feed him, I mean the poor little boy did go 8 hours without food!
Last night, on the other hand was a different story! He slept nonstop from 8:00-1:00 which is progress!Then it was approx 1:45 of crying! We went in a checked on a him a few times during this time but never picked him up and never fed him! By 2:45 we gave in and I gave him a bottle. He must have been starving because he fell right back asleep, sleeping straight through until 7:45.
So, needless to say, the time periods when he is actually sleeping have already improved dramatically, but when he cries, he cries!!
I will be sure to keep you updated on this dreadful process!
Whoever thought a baby that looked this precious sleeping could make me so angry at 2:00am!



Look at those little fingers! What a gem!
Kayla, just let him cry! Hold out, and it will be well worth it my dear! ;) Be strong, I know it is hard.
ReplyDelete