I have been wondering for quite some time now what I did with all my spare time before Ethan entered this world.....well... on Tuesday morning I began to find out.
Alex and Ethan left me on Tuesday morning to go down to Salt Lake to visit Alex's grandma who was visiting from Venezuala! I, on the other hand, had to stay home because with my new job I was not able to be gone for a week...yes, a week! Ethan and Alex just left me for a WHOLE week!
I know the opportunity of Ethan being able to meet his Great Grandma is very special and I also understand that he will not have many chances to do so being she lives in South America so it was hard to be sad because Alex was so excited to go and even more excited to take Ethan along with him!
I know a lot of Dads who would be pretty hesitant about taking their 6 month old son on a plane and then be their primary caregiver for a whole week, but so far he has done a wonderful job! Other than a few minor details that is....
They left here at 6:00AM on Tuesday, got to Billing and found out their flight got moved up and, needless to say, they missed it!
They were now stuck in Billings until 4:00PM when they could then get on another flight.
At noon I talked to Alex and he was driving around Billings (and had been for about an hour) because he thought that was the only was Ethan would sleep.
By 2:00PM he was at Kohl's buying Ethan a new outfit because Ethan started getting fussy in the back seat and all Alex could find for him to play with was a peach! A Peach?! Yes, a peach. He said he thought it was hard enough that Ethan would not be able to make a mess of it, but when Alex went to the backseat Ethan was one big orange, sticky mess! AHHH!!!
By 3:00PM they were back up at the airport getting ready for their next flight, they FINALLY arrived in Salt Lake about 6:30PM and thankfully Ethan handled the plane ride wonderfully, in fact, Alex said he slept almost the whole way! I was stunned at how calm he was when they arrived because hearing about his day actually wore me out!
What a day...and only the first day at that :) Only seven more to go dear! :)
No, honestly, Alex is doing really well with him and is having a great time at home with his family! I am so fortunate that Alex has been sending me lots of pictures otherwise I would feel completely out of the loop! I am bummed that I was not able to go with them, but I know that Ethan is in great hands.
As for me and all my time... well, I am not utilizing it quite like I should. I did, however, have big intentions when they left but so far I have watched TV, relaxed, and have been in bed every night at 8:30 :) I guess a girl needs that too....
End of an Era
-
For over 15 years I have documented our family’s lives with this blog. In
lieu of baby books and scrapbooks, I have digitally captured pictures and
memorie...
1 year ago
That is so sweet that he took him all by himself. I love the first day stories! how funny! I can just see him now, giving him a peach! haha. I am sure you are missing your baby so much--but try to take the time as a little vacation for yourself. (Even if that means relaxing the entire week!) You sure deserve it! You can check in with me if you are bored! haha. Love you! --Anna
ReplyDelete