Ethan was six months yesterday! I can hardly believe it...1/2 half year already! Six months has flown by and it is so sad yet exciting yet impossible that in six short months we will be celebrating your 1st birthday!
I always wonder what that day will be like. I can imagine you walking. I can imagine you with you beautiful skin and your big brown eyes smiling and befriending everyone at your party. I can imagine you with a whole head of hair and chubby little legs. I can imagine you with your own big cake; one that you can do whatever you please with. This is something that I am positive will happen because it is your daddy's idea and he talks about getting you your own cake all teh time :) Hmmmm.... I wonder.
Six months ago I was wondering the same kinds of things and I was always asking myself "I wonder what Ethan is going to be like?" Well, now I know!
You are a very outgoing little human being!
You are full of energy and love for everyone you see!
You love beards or any kind of facial hair for that matter!
You have a smile that will light up a room and giggle that just keeps me coming back for more!
You are a smart little boy and in some strange baby way already have a way of manipulating your parents into giving you what you want!
You are a night owl, but a happy one; which makes it all the more frustrating.
You are self-entertainer; but only for a little while! Then you want to show everyone your tricks :)
You are now a professional sitter. No more rolling over from side to side!
You are a drooler. Constantly soaking everything you come in contact with!
You are a fashion statement! I think you have more little outfits than should be legal for a little boy! In fact, I just filled an 18 gallon tuperware full of clothes- 0-3 months!!
You are more perfect than I ever thought possible, and you have taken up my whole heart!
We just went to the Dr. today for your 6 month check and Dr. Samsondaar told us you are in the 50th percent for weight 17.8 and the 97th for your height! Holy smokes! You are 28 1/2 inches long; which means you have grown 71/2 inches in 6 months! Wow....I never thought this was possible; in fact I always joke that you already have bad knees from growing to fast :)
The Dr. also said that your milestones are way ahead of the average timeline! (Don't tell your Daddy, but I am sure you get that from me :) Ha!
We also had to change your carseat this past month. Yes, another sad day...you officially grew out of your infant carrier and are now riding in a rear facing seat that always stays in the car. I thought this would be a pain, which it kind of is if you fall asleep in the car because you usually wake up when we have to take you out, but for the most part it is nice because it is about 1/2 as heavy and since you can now sit up all on your own you can just ride in the cart wherever we go!
Wait....what?? You can ride in the cart on your own??!! Ahh.... Ethan it just doesn't seem possible that you can already be doing things on your own!
But I guess, like everything else you have accomplished it just get me more excited for the next thing you will conquer. Hopefully, for my sake (and sanity) sleeping through the night will be next on your list!
Happy 1/2 year baby boy!
Love your mama!
End of an Era
-
For over 15 years I have documented our family’s lives with this blog. In
lieu of baby books and scrapbooks, I have digitally captured pictures and
memorie...
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment