Thursday, August 20, 2009

Too Busy...

I promised myself that I was not going to let this happen, and what do you know! I am only a week and a half into work and I have already fallen into such a hectic schedule that I found myself too busy to write Ethan's 5 month letter! UGH!!...I find it so sad that people constantly say they are "too busy." Too busy to call, to busy to spend time together, to busy to take their children to the park, to the pool, on a walk, or even just to sit down and actually play with them! I always said that I was never going to be that person, that one who is too busy to do the things that she loves, the one who blames "too busy" when she doesn't have the time to do what makes her happy!

It doesn't take too long and then days pass, weeks pass, months pass, and you regret being too busy! You look back on all the things you missed out on or wished you could have done but you were "too busy!" So here's my vow that I will not be too busy.

I will sit down at night and play with Ethan
I will rock him to sleep and not just put him in his crib
I will take time to watch my favorite shows before bed
I will read him his bed time story, even if there are dishes to be done
I will take the time to kiss him before I leave for work
I will enjoy some "me" time and read a book, take a bath, or blog :)
I will make time for yoga because I love to do it!
I will spend more time with just Alex and I, because being without children on occasion is important too!
I will sit down and have dinner with my little family instead of always eating on the run!
I will leave work at work even if there is alot on my mind
I will not watch life pass by and wonder why I was always too busy!

These are just a few of my thoughts as I sit here wondering where the night went....


Oh yes, I got done with work, picked up Ethan, visited with my mom and sister, came home, made dinner, ate dinner, played with Ethan, visited with Alex, went to the grocery store, Alex went to work, went to KMart, came home, gave Ethan a bath, fed him a bottle, put him to bed, put the groceries away, cleaned up dinner, and ahhhhhh.....finally.....I sat down to blog how this all makes me feel!

I say this all because my biggest fear is to wake up one day and ask myself when Ethan got so big and where was I when this was happening?

Yes, its inevitable. I know at some point I will say this, and everyone does. It's just that time moves so fast and if your too busy being "too busy" you'll never find the time to do the things you love!

Like laying on the floor and cheering your little baby boy on as he works so hard to roll over.....




1 comment:

  1. this is good!!! did you read that book i bought at enchanted room??

    ReplyDelete