Can it get any cuter than this???
Today marks 14 months since Ethan has greeted Alex and I with his presence! I honestly can tell you I don't remember life without him, and I have no desire to! In Alex's words "he is just the coolest."
Every night before we put Ethan to bed we play with him in the living room and it never fails that he will do something funny and Alex will say "Isn't he just the coolest?" And every time, I have to agree!
Baby Boy:
You amaze me everyday with the amount of knowledge your little brain holds at such a young age! Every thing we do is a learning opportunity for you, and you flourish everytime! (I hope you are still this willing to learn once you begin school :) You understand many commands that we tell you and you actually even listen when we ask you to do things! "Ethan help pick up your toys." "Let's go throw that in the garbage" "Wave Bye Bye" "Show me your teeth" "Give me kisses" "Shoot hoops." "Let's let Puffy inside" "Want to go outside" "Go Night Night" "Bath time" You understand all these phrases and actually respond to them all!
We are also starting to understand your language :) Your vocabulary has probably tripled in the past week, and everytime we say something you try so hard to repeat it. I pretend like I understand you, and then you just keep on talking, so precious!! You got a new quilt as a baptizmal gift and it has cows all over it. When I ask you where the cow is you can point to each one of them and repeat "kuh," and I just smile and sit in awe at my brilliant baby boy!
I always wondered how mother's could actually understand what their child was saying because to anyone else it sounded like nothing but blabber, but it is amazing how there are so many things that you already say and I know exactly what you are talking about. For instance:
"shs" = Shoes
"cks" = Socks
"kuh" = Cow
"bye bye" = Bye Bye (obviously)
"bah" = Ball
"dee" = Deer (and you also think horses are deer so they are referred to as "dee" also)
"buh buh buh buh" = Bottle
"cak" = Cracker
and of course "mama" and "dada"
I am actually quite impressed with the amount of words you can already say, and I know they will double by the week, Daddy and I always talk about how excited we are for you to talk (some disagree), but I am so interested to hear every little thing you have to see, because I can already see that you are just overflowing with curiousity!
It is finally starting to warm up outside and you have already convinced me that keeping you inside is going to be nearly impossible. You already love the outdoors and not even anything imparticular. We go on little walks, we have already experienced the park and you had a blast, you play in Grandma's garden, watch lots of baseball, and drag out all the lawn tools. We got you your own set with a shovel, rake, and a hoe but those don't even compare to the real sized tools so of course your plastic ones get pushed to the side while you use all your might to drag the a shovel (3x your size) across the yard!
You have started to express a bit more of an attitude than you ever have. You get frustrated when you can't do things by yourself, you get upset when we bring you inside, you get mad when we take your toys away, and you still have a tendency to wake through the night. BUT... the beauty of your "mini tantrums" is that they don't last long. I have found that you are such a happy little man that you show a bit of emotion and then that's all...you compose yourself and move on to the next thing, and I love that about you!
You are learning to play by yourself and you will sit for minutes (yes, minutes) at a time and "read" a book to yourself, drive your trucks around the living room, or shoot hoops! My mom and dad always told me that I was never good at doing things by myself, and to be honest I am still that way, I like when people are either there doing it with me or watching me :) Sad I know, but that's who I am and I am thinking all signs are pointing that you will be more like your daddy in that sense! Enjoys having company, but needs his time alone and that is just fine too!
Oh, another lovely thing that you have begun doing this past month that I was always dreading is the absolute fight when changing your diaper, I remember that sweet little baby who just laid there and cooperated, but those days are over! You roll, stand, hold yourself stiff, and do anything and everything you can to make changing your diaper thee most impossible task!
It has been about 3 months since you started walking and now that you have mastered that you think its time to start running/sprinting :) Everytime you take something you know you aren't supposed to have you bolt off running. I always pretend like I can't catch you, only because I love seeing those little legs moving. I think you like watching how fast you are going to because more than once you have been watching your feet and ran into something!
And believe it or not....running was not what led to your first black eye! You got your first black eye this past month. We went out to eat with Leah and Aarin and you fell off the chair that you were standing on!.....If you would like to know why you were standing on a chair at 13 months old feel free to ask your daddy, I am sure he would love to explain ;)
Ahhh Ethan, another month down and another month full of so many wonderful memories. Your smile is still to die for and everytime you flash those dimples I just melt! You have made me so happy, and everyday I thank God for you!
You are "just the coolest" and I love you so....
"Mah - mah"
"Show Mama Your Teeth"


No comments:
Post a Comment