Wednesday, May 5, 2010

He has what...?!

I was once again blessed with a sick baby the past week!

I don't know what it is about this little guy but at least once a month he comes down with something. My verdict is he (we) are always so busy and just going, going that he can never get over his sickness and get his immune system back up to fight the next bug going around.

I am not sure if I ever mentioned his ER stint, but the end of March (my birthday to be exact) Ethan was in the ER with IVs in his little wrist and nurses trying to hold him down to take blood work because he had been throwing up and having diarrhea for over a week!

It took a good 2 weeks for him to bounce back from that virus and now, here we are, three weeks later going to the doc for Hand, foot, mouth disease.

Last Sunday (about 12 days ago) E started having a fever and got really down. He didn't want to eat, couldn't sleep, and was extremely irritable. By Tuesday night when his fever hit 103 and there were blisters covering his bum we decided it was time to take him back in.

The doctor diagnosed him with hand, foot, mouth disesase. A virus that is similar to the chicken pox and one that you can't really do anything about other than watch your little one suffer and pray that it won't last long. On top of the fever, and bottom blisters, he also had blisters covering the back of his throat. OUCH!!! This explained why he hadn't been eating at all!

After a really long week last week, I am happy to say that Ethan is once again on the mend and back to his crazy, wild, happy, giggly, flirty, littly boy self!

We have been spending lots of time at home doing absolutely nothing and I hope that this is it for his sicknesses and that we can have a happy, healthy summer full of lots and lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment