Monday, February 1, 2010

On the road again!

He was sleeping when we left home...

We woke up early on Friday morning to make the 12 hour trip down to Utah (with pit stops in Miles City and Billings)
Ethan had a doctor's appt in Miles City for a variety of reasons. 1. He no longer eats anything but a bottle (very frustrating, I know!) 2. He has a cough that just won't go away (it is going on about 3 months now) 3. He has exzema that is spreading like crazy and I had no clue what to do about it and I had been told by previous drs. that "he just had a cold and that his rashes should go away by the time he is 5! To a first time mom that is absolutely zero help!
So....verdict...

His runny nose (which I thought was caused by teething) is connected to his awful caugh, which is also linked to his exzema rashes, and the cause of all this is allergies! Needless to say I was relieved that I found out what was wrong, but very disappointed that the Dr. that I was seeing before his Miles City visit never looked further in to any of these symptoms!
Also they said that his lack of eating could be as simple as the mucus from his post nasal drip filling him up and making him not feel well enough to eat! So we have started him on some new medicine and I hope to see an improvement in his eating within the next week!

Lastly, I also found out he has a double ear infection!! What a day it was!! Good thing is, he is now on the mend!
Our next stop was Billings where I was able to help one of my best friend's Jett pick out her wedding dress! She got one ordered and it is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy I was able to be there to help her out on such a special day!!
Final stop, SLC Utah! We left Glendive at 8am and didn't pull in to Utah until 12am!! It was such a long day but we are having a wonderful time and it has been so nice visiting with everyone!

And he was sleeping when we pulled in to Utah...

No comments:

Post a Comment