Thursday, January 14, 2010

Double Digits Baby :)

ETHAN HAS OFFICIALLY REACHED THE DOUBLE DIGITS! HE IS 10 MONTHS OLD!!

Because time is of the essence here and I am already 2 days late on this post I am going to make this quick and steal an idea from my wonderful blogger friend Anna, and do the top 10 things I love about Ethan!

1. You have started to point at everything and mumble what I believe you think it is you are pointing at, but there is one thing that you particularly know what it is and that is a "da" (Ball in English terms) You LOVE balls and it is very evident that you have come to recognize what these awesome toys are! You love sports already, you are going to be a star someday, I can already see it :)

2. You have learned to clap and everytime we tell you good job you clap at yourself, as if you are so proud at what you have done! This makes me smile because I really am so proud of you and all the little things you learn everyday.

3. You received a "Sports Center" for Christmas and it is by far your favorite toy, in fact you already "shoot hoops" with it.... ok, not really "shoot" but the fact that you put the ball in the hoop everytime and then clap is amazing to me! You are already appreciating the wonderful game of basketball!

4. You thoroughly enjoy your bathtime, and at Grandma's you recognized the tub and wanted in so bad, that you reached to far into the tub and fell in head first! Luckily there was no water in it, but Grandma Diede said you weren't very happy!

5. You have started to eat real food and you no longer gag and throw up when we feed you! This is an accomplishment! In fact, not only are you a fan of real food, but you also love dog food! This is something we have to watch closely because when you take off you make a b line for the dog food, and more times than not you have choked on it! Pleasent, I say!

6.You are improving with your walking more and more everyday and as proud as I am to say you have almost conquered walking, I will be a bit sad when that day comes! They say it never slows down after that, you have your two little feet and your little brain full of all sorts of ideas! Lord knows where you'll go or what you'll get into from then on!

7. You are such a little person and it just cracks me up! You play with people and interact with them as if you really know what they are laughing about or you actually know what they are doing. This is something that is really hard to describe in words, but I have never met a baby who is as much a "little person" as you are! You are exploding with personality!

8. You think you can do everything on your own already! You thought you could eat by yourself so you tried to grab your spoon and pulled your whole plate off the table. You wanted a ball so you fell head first off the bed to get it. You wanted off the couch so you plummetted head first onto the ground. You tried to walk from the couch to the table all by yourself and hit your eye on the coffee table, (first black eye, 10 months). You don't want to use a sippy so you try to drink out of a normal cup. You are an independent little fellow, but the second you are tired, you still love to be swaddled, specifically with the soft part of the blanket over your left cheek and we rock! I have always believed babies should be rocked to sleep, and I think Ethan agrees with me on this one ;) He loves to be rocked to sleep, and I love it more! So Peaceful!

9. You have started to mimic things that other people do and it is so sweet! They clap you clap, they roar like a lion, you do the same. They yell you yell....the list goes on and on!

10. Lastly, your love for your daddy and I is something you show us daily, whether you are aware of it or not. The way you light up when I go into your room every morning is unforgettable. Your belly laugh when daddy plays with you is simply precious, and your open mouthed kisses followed by some teeth and some tongue are my favorite! You are my little Prince!

Love you to the Moon and Back!
Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment