Friday, March 27, 2009

So my goal was to start this blog before Ethan was born, but unfortunately it didn't work out that way! It is now March 27 and Ethan is already two weeks old! I can't believe how fast the time has went! He literally flipped my world upside down and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me! I have learned more about myself in these last two weeks than I ever thought possible and I look at myself in a whole new light after becoming a mother!

Ethan Alexander Rivas was born at 5:10 PM on March 13 (yes, it was a Friday!! YIKES :). However, things couldn't have turned out any better. I went into labor and delivery on Thursday night after counting contractions for over an hour! Unfortunately, the nurses found no activity and sent me home! It wasn't even 12 hours later that I was throwing up with the contractions and I was finding it harder and harder to breathe through them, so I called my nurse. She told me to come up to the office and they would hook me up again! I found this a bit more favorable because I thought the nurses and L&D were going to be like "oh great, her again!" haha...so we went to the office and who knew....the monitors said they were still 7 minutes apart!! I found this extremely hard to believe since I felt that they were on top of each other! While I was hooked up to the monitors being told I may be sent home AGAIN, I was thinking to myself, "if this is nothing, then I don't want to ever experience what something is going to feel like because I am in alot of pain!"

The doctor came after twenty minutes of being hooked up to a monitor that was lying to us all, and he said he would check me to make sure before he sent me home, and sure enough, I WAS DIALATED TO ALMOST A FIVE!! GO FIGURE! So from the office I went up to L&D and everything moved pretty fast from there! I got all hooked up, got an epidural (aka the shot that saved me!), and it wasn't five hours later that Ethan was born! Alex and my mom and sister got there just in time, thankfully they left right when they heard I was being admitted because it did take them 3 hours to get there!

Ethan was perfect and I fell in love the second I heard his cry! He had the prettiest, hairiest, and softest skin I had ever seen and I will never forget the way he smelled! He was 7lb 5oz and 21 inches long with the longest fingers and toes (all ten of them!)

Ethan's "birth" day was the happiest and most memorable day of my life!! It was a day I will never forget and we have truly been blessed!

1 comment:

  1. It took me awhile, but I finally found your site! And I had to make my own to leave a comment, so maybe I will get with it and actually do one! Kayla, reading this makes me so happy for you and your new little family. You will never ever forget the amazing feeling of that day! Your such a wonderful mommy already! You guys did great!!

    ReplyDelete