Stats at the Dr. on 1/30/12
12.75 lbs = 82%
24.5 in = 99%

Month #2 is in the books and I can't even explain how much I love this little/big girl!! Every roll and double chin I just want to squeeze - you know that saying, "I want to squeeze your guys out!" - yes, that is literally how I hug her! I just. can't. get. enough!!!
She is still sleeping like a rock star - her nights are so good! We couldn't have been blessed with a better sleeper! In her 8 weeks I bet she has had 1, maybe 2, nights that I complained about! Other than those, she is consistantly sleeping about 6 hours before waking up to eat!!
We have only had 2 - what I like to call "near misses" with her! First, we would leave her on a blanket on the living room floor and leave the room for .5 seconds only to return and find her on the couch! Yes...Ethan had moved her!! Yes...it scared the crap out of me and No....I have NO idea how he managed to get her up on the couch, nor do I want to know! Good news is...she made it there safely!! Our second instance came when I walked into our bedroom (while Alaina was laying on the bed) and Ethan said "Say thank you Mom." I said "Say thank you for what??" Ethan replies, "For sharing, I gave Alaina just a little bit of my bread!!" WHAT??!!! A finger swip later I was able to pull out a
She has the most mellow personality, a lot more like her father, and it is a good thing because otherwise, Ethan would drive her CRAZY!! It is so amazing to me to see how to babies can be so similar and still be entirely different people. I see many different people when I look at Alaina, sometimes myself, other times Ethan, lots of times Alex, a little of our nieces, and sometimes people I would never expect, but still do - like my Uncle Steve! Weird-but true-I have looked at her a few times and saw him! :) Regardless of who she looks like - she is one cute babe with a laid back personality. Guys are going to love her :)!
She is also super tight with her smiles! She will talk and talk and talk but good luck getting her to crack a smile! Once again, like her father! :) However, I have still been able to capture a few smiles and they may be few and far between but boy is she cute when she does!
I was fortunate enough to get to take 11 weeks off of work after Alaina was born so we have been able to spend sooo much time together! She is PRETTY content with everyone but it is no secret that her and I get along quite well! I don't know if it is because of nursing, or the fact that we have spent lots of time just me and her or if it's just because we are girls and understand each other but any way you put it we have really hit it off! :) In all seriousness though, this really does make me happy because I know how good of a relationship my sister and I have with our Mom and I am so excited too experience that mother/daughter relationship first hand!
What I love about YOU this very second!
-Your smile - it takes a bit of coaxing but when you smile it is so big and so pure!
-Your feet - they are still so small in fact I think they are still smaller than Ethan's were when he was born!
-The way you look someone in the eyes and just talk and talk and talk like you really do have something VERY important to say!
-Your sad face when you cry! I know this seems cruel but I can bet you have one of thee SADDEST faces right when you start to cry! I have never seen a frown bigger than yours! It is heartbreaking but oh so sweet!! (Don't worry I still try and make the frown go away as fast as I can!!)
-Your leg rolls! Each and every one of them!!
-The way Ethan calls you "Little Princess Girl" :)
-Your chin. Why? Because it is a chin I have grown to recognize. A chin that many babies in our family have - in fact, Grandma Sue calls it the McPherson chin and Shann, Lily, Me, Murphy and You all have it!
The way you look at towards your brother everytime he is talking! I already know he will be one of the most important people in your life. Always.
-Your dimples! I am proud to say you got these from your mama and I think they are so dang cute!!
-The way you stop crying the second I hold you. I love this because it tells me you trust me and you know I will keep you safe and make you happy.
-YOU! I love you! All 12.72 lbs of you!!
Love you forever Little Princess Girl!




No comments:
Post a Comment