Monday, January 2, 2012

Month #1 is in the books!


Dang that went fast!! Month #1 has come and gone (and #2 is well on its way!) but before that happens I need to take some time to reflect on what a joy our first month with Alaina was and how she has changed - 0h so quickly!

The holidays fly by as it is but when you have a newborn sucking every ounce of spare time you have time seems to move even faster! I can't believe that you are already a month old! Does. not. seem. possible!

In this short amount of time you have changed sooo much! Your small little body and round little cheeks have filled out at a rather rapid pace and your 8 lb. 10 oz body is now about 11 1/2 lbs! You are nursing like crazy and I am so glad that this experience is going so well - for both you and I! It has been a wonderful experience and I enjoy every second of our nursing sessions!

Although you have lost some of your "lenuga" aka: body hair, you still have a trail running down the middle of your back, as well as hair covering your ears and the tops of your shoulders! But no worries - I love this! :)

You have not quite smiled yet, but I get little glimpses of what your smile will look like while you are sleeping and I can hardly wait to see it with your eyes open because it. is. beautiful! The corners of lips turn up a little bit and you have the biggest dimple on the left side of your cheek! So cute!!

I know someday you will read this and say "Mom, sick!" but for my own memory I have to admit: Your "bowel movements" are EXPLOSIVE and I can't believe such a mess comes out of such a little girl! Wowza! Not only does it have a very distinct smell but it has a very distinct sound as well and your Daddy is so nervous you are going to have an incident in public - which I'm sure you will - but man will it be embarrassing! Ha! :)

You have the darkest, prettiest skin! I was shocked at how much darker you were than your brother and man, am I jealous!! Your Daddy claims you are even darker than he is and I think I agree! You are one lucky little girl and that skin is going to break some hearts someday! :)

You sleep like a champ already! I was afraid that since I was breastfeeding I would be feeding you every 2 hours around the clock but I was wrong - thank goodness! You are sleeping for about 4 hours at a time through the night and you have even had a couple 5-6 hour spans already! Thank you Alaina, and congratulations, at 1 month old you are already sleeping better than your brother!!

You were a pretty fussy baby when we first brought you home and looking back now I think you were just hungry but there was a time when someone even mentioned the forbidden word - "colic" and I paniced! But I lucked out and you turned things around after a couple weeks and, like your brother, I don't think I could ask for a better baby!!

You are so strong already, and I can't believe that you already take those little legs and push them into my stomach - almost sliding off my knees and you can hold your head better than I think you should be at this time. These are great milestones - especially when you are only 3 weeks old but I just want you to stay little! "Just for a ittle bit" - as Ethan would say!!

This past month has been so wonderful and I am so grateful that I have been able to stay home and spend every second with you!! I love waking up to your little grunts and laying you next to me while you stretch your legs out as far as they will go! I love when you wrap your hand around my finger and how you just look at me while you are awake! I always just look right back at you - not saying a word - and wonder what you are thinking! By the look in your eye I think you love me and realize that you need me just as much as I need you! I love you little girl!!

xoxo, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment