Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easter Time!

Dyin' Easter Eggs!
This was another first for our little family! Alex, Ethan and I have never dyed Easter Eggs together before so I was really looking forward to our little family adverture! We both found ourselves crazy busy the entire week before Easter so we waited until Saturday night to color our eggs! I bought the kit and had everything laid out and ready to go....until....I went in the cupboard to get the vinegar and realized that what I thought was vinegar was ACTUALLY ammonia! Ha!!

Good thing Grandma Diede's only lives about two blocks away and has EVERYTHING!
Once again she pulled through and our egg dying adventure went off without a hitch!
Well....kind of! ;)





Alex and Ethan's Eggs!
My eggs :)

Easter Sunday

Easter came and went...about a month ago...but the day was way to great to just forget about it! So like all great moments in our lives, it too, deserved its own blog post :)

We started the morning off going downstairs to see what the Easter Bunny brought for Ethan! His basket was full of eggs, a new color book and crayons, a "Diego" puzzle, and some new baseball shoes! Ethan loved the shoes...so much that he wore them to church...
and all I could say was "Sure Ethan, go ahead, those baseball flip flops look really nice with your pastel colored button up shirt!" :)

After church we went over to Grandma Diede's for a FAnTaStiC Easter Dinner complete with a ham (that I made, I MUST add), an amazing sweet potato casserole, salads, kuchen, and lots of things I am probably missing because I did eat this meal over a month ago! ;) Easter at Grandma Diede's was LONG overdue and so nice to have all our family together! Unfortunately...I should have taken more pictures :(

When dinner was through my Dad, Hannah and I rushed out the door to the Easter Egg Candy Hunt at the park! Since I can remember it has been at "1:08 don't be late" ...well, turns out they are serious about the 1:08 part because at 1:09 (when we arrived) the kids were scrambling all over and the candy was already gone! ...Last time I will ever doubt "1:08 don't be late!"

Later on in the day we trekked on out to the baseball field to watch Daddy's baseball game! The sun was shining and the wind was tolerable so we spent the majority of the afternoon catching rays and watching baseball!

We finished off Easter Sunday with another dinner; this time at Uncle Jim's with Grandma Sue, Pete, Barry, and Shane, Amber & Co.! It was another great meal and a relaxing evening spent with more family!













No comments:

Post a Comment