Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sweet 16!

Our Little Mister is already 16 months old!
Today marks 16 sweet months with our little baby Ethan! He continues to grow, learn, and laugh by the day! This past month, like the last 15, has flown by, but we haven't let it slip away without capturing some great memories!
This past month we celebrated Auntie Hannah's 19th birthday, watched Uncle Gavin play baseball, spent countless hours watching daddy coach at the baseball field, spent a memorable 4th of July up in Big Timber with the McPherson family, enjoyed 2 weeks with cousin Mackenzie from Arizona, learned how to sleep through the night, started eating like a champ, got another molar, learned how to give the best kisses ever, and continued your quest at becoming world's youngest professional baseball player :)
Ok, so I am kind of kidding on the last one... but this baby can play! It is amazing to me how he can swing a bat, throw a ball, "get down and ready," and even pay attention to a game we are watching! I will have to upload some videos to back my testimonies :)
He is definately 100% BOY but we did teach him to give the sweetest kisses and there is nothing better than a wet, slobbery, open mouthed kiss from my favorite little man! He is also sleeping all night so I am much more eager to give and receive kisses come morning time!
We spent a great 4th of July in Big Timber with the whole family, it is so crazy to me how much Ethan has changed in just one year! Last year he was only 4 months old and was perfectly content being held all weekend, this year you couldn't sit him still for more than 5 minutes, but it was cute seeing him play with his cousins! He is not quite big enough to understand so they tend to get a little frustrated with him sometimes, but he will understand soon enough...
His cousin Shann and him kind of butt heads right now and I think they are going to have their rounds for many years to come, but someday I am certain they are going to be GREAT friends! A couple weeks ago we were over visiting Shann and E kept getting into his toys and Shann was getting really mad at him so I had Alex come pick him up, when Ethan left and I walked back into the house Shann goes "Now Kayla, he can NEVER come over here again, K? haha...
We had our first scare with Ethan last night...
I was putting clothes away on the bed and Alex was on the computer and Ethan was just sitting on the bed chewing on a plastic hanger (he is teething so he still chews on everything). We were just getting ready to head to my parents for dinner and Ethan let out a shrill scream and I turned around and he had the plastic hanger stuck in the skin under his tongue! It was so awful, I screamed for Alex and he came running in to help! We laid Ethan on the bed and I was going to hold his head while Alex tried to pull it out but before we could contain him Ethan ripped it out on his own! I was freaking out (of course) and Alex kept telling me I needed to calm down, but I couldn't, I swore he needed stitches and we needed to take him to the ER, but after a little TLC and a warm washcloth to put in his mouth he seemed to be fine! It was the wierdest thing! There was not alot of blood and it seemed to close up really fast, but the hole that was in his gum for the limited time was so awful! I felt so bad for Ethan, and I think it scared me more than it scared him, but if he didn't learn his lesson I certainly did.
Me freaking out only makes the situation worse....
Sweet 16 months little boy...we have only had a few incidents and you still appear to be the happiest baby on the block so I would say things are going pretty good!
I love you to the moon and back!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment